Saturday, April 17, 2010

First look of Neil Patrick Harris on 'Glee'

Producers have remained tight lipped about the upcoming episode entitled "Dream On" which will feature guest star, Neil Patrick Harris, but have recently divulged a choice details (and two photos!!!) for the rabid NPH fan and the Gleeks who well, just can't get enough.

Producer, Brian Falchuk, explained that the part of Bryan Adam, a former Glee Club rival of Will Schuester, and a member of anti-arts-funding board at McKinley High, was written with him in mind. He added that Neil Patrick Harris was everything they could have wanted and more. The producers are keeping their options open to have the character appear again later on in the series.

Co-producer Ian Brennan added, "I'm really excited to see the cut of that episode, because I think it's gonna be really, really good and really funny."


source here

Oh wait, could it get any better? This guest appearance by Neil Patrick Harris just happens to coincide with Joss Whedon taking the director's chair. Yeah I know, this is old news but every time I hear it, it feels like the first time.

It's pretty clear that Glee's strength is its musical performances (and not so much the storylines), which is why it's a perfect show for celebrity guest appearances. What are your thoughts on NPH's guest stint? Who do you think should appear next in this long line of fantastic guest stars?

Back in October 2009 when Glee was in it's early infancy I wished to see my absolute favourite (and musically inclined) actor appear on the show. I made a few guesses as to how he could appear. My wish has been granted that NPH will appear on Glee, see my earlier post to see how far off my suggestions were for his guest role.

No comments:

Post a Comment